Last week my wife and I had the honor of speaking on the topic of marriage to a large group of Chaldean Rite Catholics (Yes, Roman Catholicism isn’t the only “type” of Catholicism).
The talk was entitled, 7 Things You Need To Know Before Getting Married.
Many of you asked us to record and share the talk. Unfortunately the audio quality of the talk itself wasn’t good enough; the audio quality of the Q&A, however, came out well, though many of the questions asked are inaudible.
Here are the questions that were asked:
1. What about pornography in marriage?
2. How to I explain so called “same-sex marriage” to my kids?
3. Can you talk about why it’s important to pray for your future spouse, and the blessings that come from praying the family rosary?
4. How did you convert from agnosticism to Catholicism (here my story on The Journey Home here).
5. You said we should put God before our marriage? How do we do that?
6. How do you find commonality with your spouse?
7. Have you both read a book independently that you both enjoyed?
8. Do you find it frustrating that you’re into reading and theology and stuff and your wife doesn’t?
9. I’ve often heard that men shouldn’t put their job before their marriage. Any advice on that?
10. Talk about the problem that arises when family members try and get in the way of your marriage. How do we make sure we don’t go to bed angry with each other.
11. We’re seeing, in our community, long, loooong engagements and couples even sleeping together. How did you stay pure during your engagement?