Want to start a PWA chapter?
- Find a small group of people (around 3-8 people) who want to learn from Aquinas.
- Agree to meet regularly (weekly; every other week; monthly) at a place that serves beer.
- Have each member get a copy of Pints With Aquinas: 50+ Deep Thoughts From the Angelic Doctor
- Discuss either a) a deep thought from the book b) or the most recent PWA episode. Or both!
- Upload a photo from your meeting to Twitter/Instagram with the hashtag #PintsWithAquinas
A prayer to begin with
The following prayer was written by St. Thomas Aquinas and is a prayer meant to be said before study.
Who, from the treasures of Your wisdom,
have established three hierarchies of angels,
have arrayed them in marvelous order
above the fiery heavens,
and have marshaled the regions
of the universe with such artful skill,
You are proclaimed
the true font of light and wisdom,
and the primal origin
raised high beyond all things.
Pour forth a ray of Your brightness
into the darkened places of my mind;
disperse from my soul
the twofold darkness
into which I was born:
sin and ignorance.
You make eloquent the tongues of infants.
refine my speech
and pour forth upon my lips
The goodness of Your blessing.
Grant to me
keenness of mind,
capacity to remember,
skill in learning,
subtlety to interpret,
and eloquence in speech.
guide the beginning of my work,
direct its progress,
and bring it to completion.
You Who are true God and true Man,
who live and reign, world without end.