If you want your book to be a best seller, give it away: Leave it in stores; leave it on windshields; give it to your grandma; give it to priests to give to penitents—just give it away!
And that’s what we’ve done. At the end of 2014, Delivered shouldn’t be called a best-seller, it should be called a best-successful-awkward-giveaway…or something.
Ten Thousand Copies
We’ve now sold (and have given away) well over 10,000 copies of Delivered; we’ve just printed 10,000 more, and we’ve just been contacted by a publishing house in Poland who hope to translate it into Polish. Dostarczone, I think that’s Polish for Delivered (I have no idea how to pronounce that. I imagine it involves something like regurgitating.)
100 book Giveaway!
I’d like to give away 100 copies of my book, Delivered, to 10 different people (put your calculator away, I’ll just tell you; 10 books each) for free. Free. We’ll even pay the postage.
But! This isn’t an ordinary giveaway. In order to be in the running, you have to agree to the following:
1. Place books (one or more at a time) in random locations (Gas stations; Old-folks homes; outside strip clubs—be creative!)
2. Take photo of the book in that random location
3. Tweet that photo. That you took. In that random location with a clever one-liner AND (that’s me being emphatic) the hashtag: #mattfradddelivereddotcom
Here are some of the places I’ve placed the book:
Alright? You got it?
Thank You, Covenant Eyes!
I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, “But Matt, how ever will you afford to give away 100 copies of your book?” Good question. Two words: Covenant Eyes. Covenant Eyes, in case you don’t know, invented internet accountability (yep, I used the word “invented”). They are, in my (totally biased) opinion, the best internet accountability/filtering software available. They have agreed to not only pay for the books but to pay for the shipping also. Now, be awesome and learn more about them, Ok?
You can also download a free ebook of theirs about how porn affects the brain. Just sayin’.
What Wouldn’t Be Cool
1. It wouldn’t be cool if you entered to win these 10 books (we’ll let you keep one if you’d like), and then not give them away/take photos/tweet about it.
That’s it. Most other things would be cool. Well. Not most other things … #BackOnDecaf.
What Would Be Cool
1. You bought a case of Delivered regardless of whether you win this contest or not. You can by them for $2 each (1 case = 20 books).
2. You pray for the success of this book. I have entrusted it entirely to the Holy Mother of God. Please join me in praying for those who will read it, and for all men and women struggling to be delivered from porn. Hail Mary . . .
3. You downloaded this free ebook from Covenant Eyes about how porn affects the brain. Just sayin’.
In four weeks (from when the books are sent out) we will select the most creative image, you know, the one that you took in that random location and then tweeted about (not forgetting to include: #mattfradddelivereddotcom), and send that person three gifts (again, totally free—because we’re awesome):
1) A box of Delivered: True Stories of Men and Women Who Turned From Porn To Purity (I guess we’re giving away 120 books!).
2. Pure of Heart: Breaking From Porn (5 CD’s worth of audio).
3. The Ugly Truth: Two Former Insiders Expose The Reality Behind The Porn Industry (Two separate interviews: The first with a former porn star, the second with a former playboy producer).
How To Enter
Leave a comment below. Tell us one place you’d leave a copy of Delivered, along with your twitter handle (we need to know that you’re a real person with a real twitter account).
* We can only send books to addresses in the States. That’s lame, I know. Sorry.